I'm one day late for National Pumpkin Day, but I'm coming at ya with a delicious treat! Of all the delicious foods and flavors, pumpkin is definitely worthy of its own day. I can't get enough pumpkin in the fall, and I'm always sad to see it replaced by mint during the holidays. It's a delicate flavor that's warm and comforting and perfect for crisp fall days.
Testing recipes with pumpkin the past month and a half has been a bit of a challenge. It's hard to balance it's heavy moisture, and surprisingly difficult to achieve the perfect pumpkin flavor. I posted a version of this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bar on my instagram a few weeks ago because the flavor was too good not to share, but the texture needed some major tweaking. So here it is, the perfected Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bar in all its cozy, pumpkin-y, chocolate-y glory.
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter*
- 1/4 cup tahini*
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chunks
*you can replace these with your favorite nut or seed butter(s)
- In a bowl, mix all wet ingredients (sunflower butter, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin) until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add dough to a parchment lined (or coconut-oil greased) bread pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.